Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter AAAAARG

So it's winter...i mean the dead of and i am getting quite sick of it. Well i was getting quite sick of it until today. I realized something as i'm looking out into the white abyss that has become Davenport, IA. I realized that today is the perfect day to recognize that I am surrounded by God's love. All of this fluffy white stuff is God's way of showering his love over all of us, and what a blessing that it came in over 12 inches! "Look down on me with love; teach me all of your principles" Psalm 119:135. Although i know it's frustrating and difficult to drive in, I am no longer disgusted by it, I'm blessed by it. It's beautiful!

I am working on support letters for my Missions Trip to Manaus, Brazil. Perhaps that's why I'm just pondering God's work in the world and in my own life. I am so blessed by so many things and I sometimes get too busy to notice God and his work in my life. Today has called me out on that. I can't wait to travel halfway across the world to share what the love of Christ has done in my life and how much my life is different than it was before. "It's the miracle of Christ in me, it's the mystery that sets me free, I'm nothing like I used to be" My favorite lyrics from Counting on God by Jared Anderson. If any of you would like to receive a letter let me know!!!

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

I would love a letter...not I can not promise much support money, but for sure I can promise prayers. How was NC?