Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NC here I come!!!

I'm super pumped!!! This weekend will be my first trip to the fantastic state of North Carolina. I've never been there before and i cannot wait to go. For those of you who read this, which in all reality is probably three people (LOVE YOU GUYS!) my boyfriend is from Greensboro, North Carolina. He moved to the QCA to be a Youth Pastor and this weekend we are packing up his house to bring all his belongings here. I can't wait!
I found out some great information at Christmas time. My grandma and i were chatting about him (i think my grandma can sometimes be nosier than my mom but that's ok) and she asked where he was from. I told her and she got a huge smile on her face. She said that we had a bunch of family from that area...ancestors. She said that my great great great great grandma started a Moravian cookie factory there and they attended a Church called Jersey Baptist Church. She said I should ask Derik about it, so i did. Come to find out Moravian cookies are huge there. Not only that but they're his favorite cookie and his mom bought me some for Christmas! God works in such wonderful ways!!! So this weekend we are making the trip to see the cookie factory that i didn't know existed.
Please pray for a safe trip to North Carolina and just for us to have a great time with his family and friends. This is the first time i have traveled like this in several years and I am so looking forward to it!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Have a safe trip...and eat lots of cookies!

STEPHANIE. said...

how fun! what a small world :) safe travels, can't wait to hear how everything goes.