Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What i've learned...

This journey with Christ has been amazing. I have learned so much not only about him but about myself as well.
I had a total God moment last night, and i love those moments. I have been so scared about giving my testimony to people, even though everyone has been encouraging me to do so. And last night I learned that it isn't even about me. As a matter of fact the reason why i went though what i did had nothing to do with me. I am simply a vessel that God has poured wisdom and love into, and my story will not only be told, but he will help me to tell it in such a way that i can help and change the lives of many people. I'm not even scared about it anymore because it has nothing to do with me!!! I just thought that was pretty cool. I finally isolated myself from the world and anything distracting and spent some time with God in silence and it was great. I forget sometimes how much i enjoy our quiet times together, especially because i fill myself with so many events and commitments that time is not always the easiest thing for me to find...especially several hours at a time. So for 2008, my resolution is to spend more time with God. There is no other commitment in the world that compares in importance to this.

2 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

I totally agree. Julie, I am so proud of you. Where did you get the chance to share your testimony? I think we should have a night at small group dedicated to share our stories. I think it would help us all understand each other better and REALLY get to know each other.:) see you tonight.

Heather said...

Good girl! It's amazing what God will do, WHEN we let Him!