Thursday, January 10, 2008

FINALLY

Alright, so for those of you who read this, I know that you will be so happy to know that I finally remembered my password! WOO!! Big and exciting things happening in this little head of mine.

So it's 2008 FINALLY! That is so exciting and i'm so anxious to see what this year will bring. 2007 had a rough beginning, an interesting middle and a extremely exciting end. So hows bout i give you the rundown of my journey...
January, I joined Heritage Wesleyan Church! WOO!! Love it there and i have been truly blessed by meeting some of the greatest people. I learned what it means to truly live my life for Christ and to live like him. I LOVE IT!
In May, I met with Patty Bray for lunch and it was fantastic. She told me all about the great things that God wants to do in my life, i just need to be open to it. SO...I opened myself to it and WOOO...she was right. I started teaching Kindergarten Sunday School and I love every second of it. I have fantastic kids that i work with and each week is like a new adventure. I never knew that I could pray for dolphins and horses, but hey, that's what important to them at this point in their young lives, then it's important to me too :)
In June, I met Mr. Derik Idol and was recruited for High School Ministry. If you would have asked me if i would be doing Highschool ministry i would have laughed at you, but it's been fantastic and I love it! I have a small group of 4 core girls and am in the process of recruiting more. It's been a great experience for me and my love of helping people has grown so much. Bless!
In November my niece celebrated her 1st birthday which was so exciting. Rylee Paige is full of energy and life and i learned something...that i actually am super excited to have children of my own someday! It's like I all the sudden caught the mommy bug, and i'm looking forward to the day i can have my own :) Not for awhile of course :)
I ended December with a bang. I attended the Set Apart Wesleyan Youth Conference in Orlando, FL. Not only was the weather amazing down there, but I got so connected with a lot of students from our Church and even a few from North Carolina. God really put my passions on my heart that weekend and I learned that my spiritual gift of Pastoring is going to come in handy as I prepare to speak God's love into some highschool students lives. He answered a lot of questions that i have been pondering for a long time and just totally put me at peace in a lot of situations. I took away something really great that Josh Buck, a man who has overcame many challenges, said in his session. He said "God is kind, but God is also loving. He puts us in situations and doesn't always care about our sufferings to make us more like Christ". What a lesson! I remember that everyday so when something seems unbearable, i know that there is a reason for it and I will overcome it all, just as Jesus did!

I pray for 2008 to be a fantastic year and I am even more excited to see what new blessings God will bring!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah for you!! I knew you could remember it :)

STEPHANIE. said...

Julie, I believe you now. Great Blog! see you Tuesday:)