Friday, January 25, 2008

Reason, Season or a Lifetime...

I am pretty terrible about posting on this, but today, since it is FRRRRRRRIDAY and i'm not really doing a ton at work (other than watching intently for the clock to strike 5 bells) i decided, TADA! It's posting day! So here we go.
Over the past couple weeks i have really started to notice my life and how wonderful it truly is. I mean i have been through pain, but who hasn't, i have loved some and lost many, but I have realized what a true blessing friendship is. A lot of times i have noticed that i've taken some very special people in my life for granted, and it's time for me to stop the nonsense.
I was read this little poem at a roast for a couple that recently left our Church and moved to New York. As he was up reading this i realized that it is so true. Even the people that aren't in our lives for an extended period of time can have an impact that we might not comprehend at the moment, but it starts to make sense later on in life.

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.
When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
Author Unknown

I just wanted to share this with some of my most special friends. You guys are all amazing and thank you for coming into my life. I love you!

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

Julie,
That is so true. I guess I sometimes don't think of it like seasons, and I should. I start to wonder why people have filtered out of my life and I forget that they were their for me for that specific time that God needed them to teach me something, etc. thanks alot for sharing, very encouraging to remember this.