Friday, March 21, 2008

NC BABY!

I just got back from my long awaited and much anticipated trip to North Carolina. Let's just say that it was nothing short of amazing.
I flew into the Greensboro, NC airport on Saturday the 15th. I was so proud of myself for not freaking out about flying to the point of sickness...which is rare for me. So even though my flights didn't go as well as i had hoped, i had the goal in mind which made it that much easier...not to mention that i was didn't have to deal with work garbage while i was gone. Derik's parents came and picked me up from the airport and took me to get some dinner which was awesome...let me tell ya, if you want some good food, go to North Carolina...the food selection is phenomenal. When we got back to his house i not only got to look at a ton of baby pictures, but i also got welcomed with a gift basket full of goodies.
We went to the beach on Monday and got to pick up some seashells and have some amazing seafood. We left the beach and drove to his parents lake house and spent some time walking around the area and sitting out on the pier. It was such a beautiful day and i can't think of anyone i would have rather spent it with. Tuesday i got the privilege of going to Liberty University to see where he went to school and spent time in the mountains. I also learned a lot about him while we were there, i learned about his passion for God, how it started and how much he has done with ministry...i'm so blessed! When we were driving home i couldn't think of anything else to say but that i am so proud of him and i am so blessed to have met him. My life will forever be changed.
We spent much of the rest of the week hanging out with family and friends. I got to meet his grandfather and uncle, his aunt (who is a bit nutty at times) and his cousin...not to mention about 5000 friends. It was great and it was so awesome to get to see Derik in his life away from the Quad Cities.
I felt so at home with everyone that i met down there. They were so welcoming and loving. I have never met people like that before. Maybe it's the southern hospitality that i enjoyed so much. I loved my experience and i hope that there are so many more North Carolina trips to come!

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

Yay! I am so glad the trip went well...I was wondering when you were going for sure...and it sounds like you had nothing to worry about. I am kinda jealous when you said you were at the beach, in the mountains...etc...I want to go! :) So glad it was a great time.