Thursday, March 27, 2008

Truth

"And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea" Luke 4:44. When i first read this verse, it didn't mean a whole lot to me...other than he kept on preaching. Then the words "He kept on" kept resonating with me. Jesus kept on preaching...he was pulled a million different ways and he never lost sight as to his job here on Earth.
I thought a lot about this the past few days. I have been feeling a little stale in my faith in terms of reading the word and devoting the time to God that he deserves. Then i realized that no matter what, there is ALWAYS time for God, and i need to make that a priority in my life, regardless of activities that may arise.
Jesus was pulled a million different ways; healing, teaching, rebuking...but he realized that everything was secondary to preaching the word of God. He made that his number one focus. Salvation is primary to everything else. So even though i sometimes feel like my life is too hectic, mine was not even close to his, and i need to make that a priority everyday. I need to make time for God EVERYDAY and share the good news EVERYDAY! Nothing takes priority over my relationship with him and enhancing his kindgom.
Thank you God for those words and getting me back on track.

1 comment:

STEPHANIE. said...

This has come to my attention lately....I seem to stray so easily. I miss you Julie! :)