Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long time no post...

Wow, it's been awhile and so many blessings!!! I am so bad at this stuff so please forgive me.

About a month and a half ago i had really been struggling at work, i mean really struggling. I was unhappy about my position, my coworkers and i had been really feeling a call to step away. I didn't know what that meant. God opened up an amazing door. I found out about a position open at Wells Fargo Bank working with small business loans volume of $100K to 2million. I told the bank manager i was interested and was offered the position on the spot. I got to pick my salary (within reason of course) and so far it's turning out to be great. My coworkers are wonderful and i have great hours and my manager is Christian!!! It helps a lot to know that i can come to work and not be degraded because of my faithful commitment to God.
With all that being said i still have a struggle. We attended the Frequency Youth Leaders Conference at Indiana Wesleyan a couple of weeks ago. It was absolutely amazing. I really felt the presence of God and i was able to get rid of some issues that i had been holding on to. Friday night was the best experience for a lot of people. We all grew so much closer as a group and i feel i have built life long friendships with a lot of the people.
So what is the struggle?? The struggle is i have this new job and i love it, but i want to be more involved in the ministry. I am in love with a great Youth Pastor and i want us to be a team. We have already discussed my career path if we were to get married and have a family so i just need to be patient. So i'm working through those struggles knowing what i want to do with my life, but waiting PATIENTLY until i get to do it :)
Other than that my life is great. I have a wonderful boyfriend who is the best thing in the world, i have amazing parents, a wonderful family and the best friends a girl could ever dream of. But most of all i have the best person in my life. I have the love of God and he is all that matters.

2 comments:

STEPHANIE. said...

Julie!
I am so excited for you with getting a new job. Does it seem like this may be something just for now?...I just have this feeling that in the near future you are going to be going into full-time ministry. You have to, your heart seems all for it. Sounds like things with you and Derek are going well as well...it seems like I havent seen you guys in so long! Miss u.

Heather said...

I just love watching what the Lord is doing in your life. You have such an amazing testimony and it will only continue to be more amazing! Love you!